Are you getting the most out of what you eat? Most of us are not getting the remcomended amount of basic
nutrients we need for a healthy body.
Here are some tips to eat more like you should:
1. Buy Whole Foods. Unprocessed foods are cheaper and more nutritious than processed foods. They also give you
total control over the ingredients. Avoid anything that comes from a box 90% of the time.
2. Buy Cheap Proteins. You need 1g protein per pound of body-weight per day to build and maintain muscle. Eating
whole protein with each meal also helps fat loss as protein has a higher thermic effect than other foods.
Keep the steaks & salmon for special occasions. Buy eggs, milk, whey, mackerel, tuna, calves liver, frozen
chicken breast, cottage cheese
3. Buy Frozen Fruits & Veggies. Unfreeze berries in microwave and eat warm with cottage cheese. Put frozen
spinach in a colander the night before and try one of these recipes the next day.
4. Buy Generic Food. And store brands. Raw foods like rice, pasta, eggs, milk, cottage cheese, frozen
fruits/veggies,taste like brand name foods once you get used to them. But they’ll save you money on packaging &
5. Buy Calorie Dense Foods. Whole milk, potatoes, rice, pasta & oats are filling, healthy and easy to stockpile.
6. Prepare Your Own Food. Cook all your meals for the day on waking up or before going to bed. It takes 30-
40mins, saves you stress about what you’ll be eating the rest of the day and you eat healthy while saving money.
7. Grow Your Own Food. Cheaper than frozen, tastes better and you control what you put on them to keep bugs off.
Plant your own trees that grow berries, walnuts & apples. Buy chickens for free eggs & meat. More ideas: